The Traxxas Rustler is a veteran remote controlled car that handles well in all-weather terrains. This is the perfect truck for newbies with its easy assembly and control.
This all-terrain truck comes in a sturdy frame that announces its presence whenever you take it. It comes in a six-color bold body with chrome wheels. The rustler is a two-wheel drive car and even though most of its competitors are now on 4WD it still handles well in all terrains. With the full suspension, it can handle rocky and uneven terrain with ease. We found the braking system and reverse capabilities to be excellent in case you get lost in the woods and need to get the truck back on track. The high speeds makes this truck not suitable for small children.
The rustler is a truck suitable for newbies because it is easy to control and you do not need any assembly when you purchase it. Just remove it from the purchase box, and you are good to go. It also requires little maintenance.
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor and XL-5 ESC provide speeds up to 35 mph; waterproof electronics for all-weather driving in water, mud and snow
- Includes Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iD technology and 4 amp 12-volt DC peak-detecting fast charger for reliable charging
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch, hardened steel gears in the differential, and aggressive rear tires put the power to the ground!
- The TQ 2.4GHz radio system's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving and its internal antenna is impervious to damage
- Stunning 6-color ProGraphix body and decal set with bold 2.8" mirror-chrome All-Star wheels make the Rustler stand out in a crowd
The Traxxas Rustler handles quite well at speeds of over 35 mph. The monstrous titan 12-turn motor enables this car to cruise in any terrain; be it mud, snow, or water. The electronics under the hood are made from waterproof materials which enables the Traxxas to cruise through water surfaces without damage to the car. The rustler integrated cooling fan can pull in air through the motor for faster speeds and extended motor life. The 3-speed gear transmission ensures that power is transferred to where it is much needed. While the rustler is 2WD, it handles terrains like a 4WD, and with full suspension, it can maneuver corners with ease.
The Traxxas hustler is armed with a 7-cell NiMH battery that uses iD technology which enables faster charging while delivering the necessary output to power it. The 4 amp, 12 volt DC battery is well hidden to prevent damage by weather elements. Peak-detection circuitry ensures that you get a full charge when charging.
The Traxxas is designed for control of any terrain. With torque control slipper clutch that has been hardened with steel gears, you can dominate those hard boulders with ease. The tires provide the necessary grip against skidding, which puts you in control of the vehicle.
You get to control the Traxxas through a TQ 2.4 GHz radio frequency. The internal antenna has been designed to be receptive even under tough weather conditions. The remote control consists of a pistol grip with steering wheel mounted on the side. You have braking and reverse controls on the trigger. The control system uses 4 AA batteries. Traxxas has been a reputable brand has added an optional telemetry feature that lets you view information like speed.
Design and durability
The first thing you will notice when you purchase the rustler is how easy it is to assemble. If the batteries are fully charged, you can start driving it immediately. The rustler main components are made from durable plastic which can handle rocky terrain without breaking. With waterproof components, you can cruise through muddy waters without any harm being caused to the truck. Off-road capabilities come courtesy of large lugs on the rear tires and ribbed front tires.
The rustler is a truck suitable for those new to remote controlled vehicles. It handles well over rough terrain and is very easy to assemble. With a top speed of almost 35 Mph, you are surely going to have some fun cruising with this truck. The suspensions ensure that the truck can handle rough terrain and with materials made from hard plastic the rustler offers durability. Most of the parts are made from waterproof materials which means you can drive the rustler into muddy waters.
- The modified motor that delivers speeds of up to 35 Mph
- Torque control clutch for enhanced performance
- Better cornering through a high-performance bellcrank steering
- Oil filled ultra-shocks for a smooth off-road performance
- Waterproof receiver box that takes the rustler almost anywhere
- Short battery life of 10 to 15 minutes means frequent charging
- The controls are not that easy to use